Bellevue Landscaper creates stylish outdoor kitchen
An Outdoor kitchen provides Bellevue homeowner with a beautiful space for entertaining
Environmental Construction Landscape Project:
- The project started with a landscape consultation to discuss the client's wishes.
- Next, we created an outdoor kitchen design. Our Landscaping Design Manager created several versions of the plan and presented them to the homeowner.
- Once an outdoor kitchen plan was established, it was time to obtain permits. We
created additional designs in conjunction with City of Bellevue Department of Construction
and Land Use. Structural, electrical, and gas permits were required.
- Engineering is a part of many design/build permit applications. In this case, we
needed structural engineering for the pergola roof.
- Demolition included removing back rockery and affected plants. We cut the concrete
patio to newly designed dimensions.
This is what our client's home and patio looked like before beginning the outdoor
kitchen and landscape remodeling project. First, before the actual construction
began, we took measurements of the existing patio area. These measurements were then used in preparing
the outdoor kitchen design.
Construction of the outdoor kitchen is shown in the following photos:
- The construction process included creating forms and pouring a concrete wall in
place of the rockery.
- Concrete footings were poured for the new gas fireplace and supports for the pergola.
- Steel studs and concrete board were installed for the outdoor kitchen cabinets.
- Next, we coordinated with a certified electrician to add appropriate circuitry and
gas installer to bring gas to the cooking area and fireplace.
- A stone veneer was applied to concrete board.
- High quality outdoor kitchen appliances, such as an outdoor barbecue grill and radiant
heater, were added to enhance the usefulness and comfort of the outdoor living area.
Fine workmanship was used in building the pergola. This open structured garden pergola
is covered with clear, double-walled, polycarbonate panels known as "Lexan". This covering
allows the outdoor kitchen to remain dry, year-round, and is the perfect space for
hanging plants, lights, or lightweight decor.
Bellevue landscaper, Environmental Construction Inc., finished the beautifully constructed outdoor
kitchen by adding plantings, rock outcroppings, sculptural elements, stone steps, and over
seeding the lawn.