Seattle Landscaper creates eco-friendly Everett home
Green roof in Everett, Washington saves energy and increases garden space.
We are always researching new plants, materials, methods and technologies. Through experimentation we learn how a material performs and can confidently
refer it to our clientele.
Environmental Construction's Green Landscaping:
- Added additional framing and waterproofing to the existing studio roof.
- Installed Amergreen™ roof drainage mats and Netafim® sub-surface irrigation.
- Created an “intensive” green roof using 6 inches of lightweight soil medium.
- Planted drought tolerant plants with year round interest including: sedums & sempervivums,
grasses, sand strawberries, and herbs.
- Benefits of green roofs include improved insulation rating, greatly increased roof
lifespan, and reduction of roof water runoff.
- For this installation we made provisions to connect to a future water collection
system that will serve the house downspouts and a permeable driveway.
- Landscapers build a durable frame for the green roof.
- We use a large conveyor truck to place the soil on the roof.
- Landscapers spread organic soil, ideal for plant growth.
- Strawberries and groundcovers are planted in the soil to create an energy-efficient
and eco-friendly home.