Seattle landscape designer improves garden in Green Lake
Green Lake garden remodel allows for more enjoyment.
This Seattle home in the Green Lake area had a garden which was crowded, overgrown, and weedy. The clients wanted
to update and maintain the mature garden behind their Tudor style home. The garden
was in need of a little "tender loving care" so we created a new garden design and prescribed a bi-annual garden stewardship regimen.
Clearing the canvass opened opportunities to create distinct new garden rooms for
entertaining, wandering, and relaxing.
Environmental Construction Landscape Design:
- Trimmed existing trees, shrubs and vines to enhance air flow, accentuate their natural
form, and promote the overall health and vitality of the plants.
- Created a planting palette for a cottage garden – emphasizing color, texture, and
year round interest.
- Expanded flagstone paving to include pathways and a larger landing at the top of
the bluestone stairs.
- Constructed a trellis attached to the existing fence to enhance privacy and encourage
vertical growth of new and existing vines.
- Installed low voltage lights to highlight the gardens at night – up lights for specimen
trees, pendant lights hang from the wisteria trellis and path lights.
This special garden design included a reading terrace, which is a quiet space at the highest point of garden that offers the best sun exposure. The garden space also includes
a lower lawn area which provides overflow space for the bluestone barbeque patio. This space
offers great views of a mature wisteria vine.
Trellis provides a place for vines and additional shade.
View from lower lawn. Terrace landscaping gives scenic appeal.