Seattle landscape company repairs hillside
This hillside landscape in Seattle is redesigned with additional support, plantings, red brick patio,
The hillside stabilization project was located on Perkins Lane in Seattle, WA. The
homeowners had a water main break on the hill above their home causing thousands
of gallons of water to damage and undermine their entry steps, retaining wall, parking
strip, driveway, and foundation.
This house was built overlooking Puget Sound. The driveway was seldom used for vehicles. There was little usable outdoor space and no defined lower yard access
down the slope. A large maple was damaged during the Nisqually earthquake and was
leaning towards the house. The homeowners decided they wanted to recreate the landscape,
and our company was able to help.
Environmental Construction Landscape Project:
- The parking strip was reset to accommodate vehicles.
- The hillside below the edge of the house was engineered to support the patio and
- The driveway was removed and replaced with patios and decking.
- The timber retaining wall was shored up with rock outcroppings and plantings.
- Hillside access was created from the street to the new patio area and from the patio
area to the lower yard.
- An irrigation system was installed to hydrate the mostly native plantings.